Prior to gaining your consent when you use JR Counselling Services, you will be informed how the information you provide will be used, stored and destroyed. At times, it may also be necessary to share this information. If you do not want your information shared,you can state this. However, there are certain circumstances when I may still need to share it, for example:
- For any purposes discussed with you when you supply your information
- In order to protect a child, vulnerable adult, yourself or the public from harm or abuse
- For the prevention or detection of a crime
- If I am legally compelled to by a court of law
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED: When using JR Counselling Services you may give personal information, including:
- Personal details
- Family, lifestyle and social circumstances
- Financial details
- Employment and education details
You may also proved sensitive personal information, including:
- Physical or mental health details
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious or other beliefs of a similar nature
- Offences and alleged offences
This information might be obtained in person, by filling in forms on this site or by email. Information about you may also be received from other sources, such as Google Analytics. Each time you visit this site, the following information may be automatically collected.
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet; your browser type and version; the time zone setting and your operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit – including your clicks to, through and from this site, such as scrolling and link clicks.
- Strictly necessary cookies – these are required for the operation of the site
- Functionality cookies – these recognise you when you return to the site and remember your preferences
- Analytics cookies – these are used to collect information about how you use the site
WHAT YOUR INFORMATION IS USED FOR
Your information may be used to:
- Respond to any enquiries you make
- Provide information and services you request
- Carry out the contract agreed between us
- Contact you regarding appointments and service feedback
- Tell you about changes to the service
- Identify and protect those at risk of harm or abuse, including yourself
- Maintain accurate records and accounts, and to operate the business
- Meet statutory obligations, for example by insurers or professional bodies
- Administer and improve this site
- Advertise the business
- Aid training and learning.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED:
Any information you provide is confidential, except when I have a professional or legal obligation to share it (as outlined above in the section, ‘Gaining your consent’), or in circumstances where you authorise it to be shared. Your information is stored securely and access to it is controlled and restricted. Information is securely destroyed in accordance with the minimum time period stated by legal and professional regulations. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I endeavour to protect your personal data, the security of information transmitted to this site or via email, text message or voicemail message cannot be guaranteed. Any personal information you send is at your own risk. Once I have received your information,I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW TO ACCESS AND AMEND YOUR INFORMATION:
You can request access to the information held about you. You may also ask for this personal information to be amended or deleted. I will provide this, except in circumstances where I am required to keep the information for legal, professional or auditing purposes. Any requests for your information to accessed, shared, amended or deleted must be made in writing.
WHO TO CONTACT:
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller for JR Counselling Services in Jessica Rogers who is responsible for collecting and processing your general information. Processing includes the retrieval, organisation, use, protection and deletion or destruction of information, and its disclosure to other agencies. A full list of what information controlled and processed, and for what purposes, is set out in the Information Commissioner’s Office Register of Data Controllers. The registration number is A8279016 and the registration can be viewed on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
Questions, comments, information access and amendment requests, and any complaints should be emailed to Jessica Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 07531460185
April 13th 2020